One of the most difficult things to do when you go low carb is deciding which foods you can eat. Looking up foods and recipes online takes a lot of time and trying to figure it out for yourself requires a lot of trial and error. The best way to learn what to eat is to find out what other people who have had success on a low carbohydrate diet eat on a daily basis. Success, as the experts say, leaves clues.
This article details what low carb success story Jimmy Moore eats every day. In case you haven’t heard of Jimmy, he lost 180 lbs. on a low carb diet in 2004. What’s just as impressive is that he’s kept it off over 100 lbs. of the weight he’s lost. After reading, you’ll see that he makes sure to eat plenty of high quality proteins and fats at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Nutrient rich vegetables complement each meal. They’re super low in carbohydrate too. He doesn’t eat more than 50 grams a day.
All of the meals Jimmy eats look like they taste great and will definitely keep you full for hours between meals too.
4 local farm brown eggs cooked in coconut oil with organic spinach, sea salt, and thyme. I’ll occasionally add a little raw cheese and/or raw sour cream on top for good measure.
Lunch or Supper (sometimes I only eat a couple of meals during the day)
My favorite protein sources for these meals are:
- Free-range chicken cooked in raw butter with Italian Mediterranean seasonings and sea salt.
- Grass-fed steak/beef.
I always have vegetables with my lunch/supper too. Two that I like are:
- Green beans or asparagus cooked in raw butter or coconut oil.
- Organic broccoli cooked in bacon fat with sea salt and a small amount of raw cheddar cheese.
If I choose to eat dessert I like to eat a dark chocolate square that’s 85% cacao. Chocolate that’s this dark is low in sugar and high in antioxidants and other nutrients.
Snacks (if I do need something to consume between meals)
- Natural Quest Bar – sweetened with Stevia.
- Raw almonds, almond butter, or one of the concoction’s I make in my kitchen. These candy like treats contain a bit of honey, almond flour, dark chocolate, butter, heavy cream, etc. I’ll have a more detailed recipe in my cookbook that will be published later this year.
Now you have several delicious meals to eat that are low in carbohydrates and high in health proteins, fats, and taste. They are also great to eat if you follow a Primal diet too. I also recommend you check out our listing of high protein meals and Buyers Guide For Gluten Free Protein Bars for additional ideas.