Kettlebells are a training device that make it easy to get in a great workout for building muscle, burning fat, and sports specific training. All you need are little bit of room and a pair of kettlebells. In case you aren’t familiar, kettlebells are a pod-like piece of cast iron with a rounded handle. You can do pretty much any traditional strength training exercise (i.e. squats, bench press, military press, etc.) with kettlebells. They’re also great to do swinging and throwing exercises such as kettlebell swings.
When shopping for your own set of kettlebells you should make the kettlebells quality one of if not the most important factor. Even if they cost you a little more, its worth it since a well made pair of kettlebells will last forever. A sign of a high quality kettlebell is one that is made from solid cast iron. This ensures they will not break or get loose after repeated swings, throws, and lifts like adjustable kettlebells can. We recommend First Place brand kettlebells as they’re made from solid cast iron and sold by Perform Better, a leader in fitness and conditioning equipment and education.
What We Love About First Place Kettlebells
- They’re practically indestructible. Each kettlebell is cast iron and won’t loosen or crack.
- You can’t beat the cost with prices starting at $29.95 per kettlebell.
- Since they come in weights ranging from 8.8 to 98.8 lbs. they can be used by anyone.
- The rubber, skid proof surface on the bottom of each kettlebell keeps them from scratching and damaging your floor.
- Their compact size makes them easy to store.
- They are sold by Perform Better, a leader in sports training equipment and education.