MCT Edge Oil Explained
I started taking MCT oil a year ago. I had just listened to a podcast with Dominic D’Agostino, PhD, a professor at USF medical school. During the interview he spoke about how taking an MCT oil supplement can help decrease hunger pains and cravings and give you more energy and focus.
Hearing Domnic talk about how it can help getting into, and staying in nutritional ketosis, easier, to burn off excess fat for fuel, was enough information to help me decide and give it a try.
The benefits exceeded my expectations. I lost 70 lbs of fat over about 6 months when eating high fat/low carb and taking MCT oil.
These benefits were so significant that when we were deciding which product we should make ourselves, MCT oil was the obvious choice. Hence the birth of MCT Edge, a sustainably made, power-packed supplement that when taken correctly, helps you stay in the fat burning zone easier. You can even eat more carbs than a typical ketogenic diet and stay in nutritional ketosis.
What are the benefits of MCT Edge?
- 63 servings per bottle – enough to last at a month, possibly two.
- Costs less than a cup of coffee – only $.46 per serving.
- Contains only caprylic & capric acid – the 2 most effective types of MCTs.
- Made from coconut and palm oil – the 2 best natural sources of MCTs.
- Sustainably sourced – the coconut and palm seeds have been grown on the same land for over 20 years. No land was harmed or deforested in the making of this product.
How Can MCT Edge Help You
I find that its benefits become noticeable in within 15-20 minutes and last for several hours with no jitters, energy crashes, or upset stomach.
- My hunger and cravings are completely curbed for several hours.
- I feel an boost in energy. Like really strong coffee without the jitters.
- Energy during my workouts is increased so I can train harder, longer.
- I’m losing fat faster without counting calories. About 1/2’ a week from my waist.
When Should You Take MCT Edge?
This totally depends on your needs and goals. Use the list below as a general guide.
- Increase energy and mental focus
- Boost workout performance
– on an empty stomach and/or with coffee.
– take 15-20 minutes before your workout.
To eliminate hunger and cravings – take with on an empty stomach or with food/protein shakes.
How Much Should You Take?
Below are the recommneded dosages for MCT Edge. Be careful to work up to these amounts. Taking a full dose initially can lead to an upset stomach, or worse. I personally started at 1 tablespoon/day and increased by ½ teaspoon increments to 2-3 tablespoons every day over a couple of weeks.
- Up to 190lbs – < 1-2 tablespoons/day.
- 190 lbs – 2-3 tablespoons/day.
Who Should Take MCT Oil?
This supplement is great for almost everyone who wants to cut cravings and boost their energy, brainpower, and performance in and out of the gym. Below are a few more specific examples.
- Anyone who’s dieting to lose weight and excess body fat.
- Guys and girls who are on low carbohydrate or ketogenic diets.
- If you want to increase your mental energy and focus throughout the day.
- If you’re an athlete who’d like to increase your endurance during long, intense workouts.
Just What Is MCT Oil And How Does It Work?
MCTs, short for medium chain triglycerides are a type of tasteless and odorless fat that’s liquid at room temperature. They are found in many foods like coconut oil, cheese, and butter. What makes them special to us is the way our bodies absorb and utilize them.
Unlike other fats, MCT Oil is very quickly absorbed by our small intestine and then sent to the liver to be metabolized for energy instead of being stored as excess body fat. The energy they produce is in the form of ketones, which our bodies can quickly use.
The energy boost you get from a tablespoon of MCT Edge is no joke. When I take it on an empty stomach I get a steady boost of energy for several hours. Best of all, it doesn’t come with the jitters or crash that caffeine does.
Not All MCT Oil Is Created Equally
There are several types of medium chain triglycerides. Each has its own unique qualities. The 2 that you should be concerned about with regards to a supplement are caprylic and capric acids. Both of them are best are producing energy and performance ketones for your body and brain.
MCT Oil Edge only uses caprylic and capric acids so you know what you’re taking will work.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now that you know all the benefits MCT Edge offers the only thing left, is to give it a try! I think you’ll be as shocked and pleased with the results as I have been!