You probably haven’t done a Burpees since phys ed. class in high school. That’s too bad since they are a great calisthenic to help you get into shape and burn calories. When done as part of your training program they’ll help you get into shape and build cardiovascular and muscular endurance throughout your body. This article gives you a refresher course on Burpees, as well as advanced ways to add them to your fat loss workout. Read on and then give them a try. You’ll thank us for the results.
Below are instructions on how to this exercise. Also included is a video which shows the proper technique.
- Stand up with your feet shoulder width apart and arms at your sides.
- Squat down quickly. Your hands should be on the ground slightly in front of you.
- Thrust your legs back until they are full extended. You should now be in a push up position.
- Using your legs and abs, pull your legs back in toward your hands. You’ll be back to the squatting position.
- Push with your heels and return to a standing position.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Here’s a video showing the proper technique.
Once you have mastered Burpess and are fit enough, you can move onto more challenging variations. Listed below are a few.
- Burpees with an explosive jump. This is a squat thrust with a push-up done before you pull your legs back in and a jump as you return to a standing position.
- Burpees Complexes. These are used great for burning calories and getting into great shape fast. You can do them with or without dumbbells. Here’s one such complex. Start in a push up position holding a dumbbell in each hand. Perform a dumbbell row with each arm. Return to the push up position. Pull your legs in and stand up. Perform a shoulder press using the dumbbells. Perform another squat thrust and repeat starting again with the dumbbell rows.
As you can see from these examples, the sky is the limit when it comes to how Burpees can be added to your workout. Add burpees to your workout and you’ll quickly see how powerful they are for getting your fit fast.H
Taking the right pre-workout supplement can help you work out harder, longer which often makes the difference between being able to do 1 or 100 burpees. Listed below are a few of my favorite pre-workout supplements that give me more energy, focus, and endurance.
Here’s a link to a workout program that includes burpees and many other high intensity body weight exercises. If you are looking to lose fat, build muscle, get into great shape, and look your best it’s for you.