You can stop Googling “best natural whey protein’.
We’ve done all the work for you to find the best one out of hundreds available.
In addition to telling you which natural whey protein powder supplement is best, I’ll show you all of the ways using it can benefit you. You’ll also learn how to use it to help you reach your specific goals.
Whether you’re a guy or girl, pro athlete, Crossfitter, eat keto, or want to make sure you get enough protein in your diet to stay healthy and perform your best, this article is for you.
What Is Natural Whey Protein Powder?
Simply put, it’s a supplement made from whey protein that doesn’t have any artificial ingredients. This means no artificial sweeteners like Splenda, aspartame, or sugar alcohols like Erythritol (Swerve).
If your protein powder is truly natural it also won’t contain any artificial colors or flavors either. Preservatives, like sodium benzoate, are out of the question too.
Your products label should instead only have ingredients like:
- Whey protein – listed as the first ingredient.
- All natural flavors – like cocoa powder.
- Plant based, sugar-free sweeteners – like stevia or monk fruit.
- Not have the word artificial – anywhere on the label.
- Digestive enzymes – like papain and protease to help your body better utilize every gram of protein.
Every serving of your natural whey protein should also have:
- 24 grams of protein per scoop
- Whey protein isolate – most of its lactose removed, greatest amount of protein
- Whey protein concentrate – has the best flavor
- Natural flavorings – like cocoa
That’s it! Anything else on the label is not necessary.
Why Should You Choose An All Natural Whey Protein?
Now that you see what is in an all-natural compared to regular, artificially sweetened and flavored whey protein it’s easier to see why it’s the best choice.
- You’re getting a healthy amount of whey protein and little else in every scoop.
- It’s not going to have any funny aftertaste like Sucralose, aspartame, and sugar alcohols.
- You don’t get any ingredients which can spike your blood sugar and make you feel hungry.
The Best Natural Whey Protein Powder
I’m putting my money where my mouth is with this recommendation. After trying hundreds of natural whey proteins I decided to develop my own. This enabled me to have exactly what we want in the can and nothing else.
The result is Better Whey all natural protein powder. Every scoop is loaded with 24 grams of protein. And not much else. Plus it tastes great. It has a milk chocolatey flavor without being too sweet. There’s no nasty aftertaste either, which was really important to me.
Look at what you get from a single scoop.
- 24 grams of whey protein per serving.
- Only 4 grams of carbohydrates.
- 2 grams of naturally occurring fat.
- Naturally flavored with cocoa powder.
- Digestive enzymes – protease and papain.
We don’t use cheap, bitter tasting sources of whey either that leave you feeling gassy and bloated. Better Whey has whey protein concentrate and isolate. The concentrate form is used because it’s rich in protein and tastes great.
Whey protein isolate is also included. It’s the highest quality of any protein powder available. What makes it so great is how it’s processed. Once the raw whey is made, it’s broken down further
You’ll have to try it to believe it but, in my humble opinion, it’s a winner.
Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
Use the information below to get the most from every scoop of all natural Better Whey that you drink.
Who Should Drink Better Whey Protein Shakes?
- Women and men. It works equally well for all of us.
- You want to conveniently meet your daily protein needs.
- It’s important for you to drink the highest quality protein available.
- Don’t want anything unnecessary, unnatural.
- Any of you that want to build lean mass and get stronger.
- You want to eat more of a protein that’s proven to burn belly fat.
When Is The Best Time To Drink Your Shakes?
Listed below are a few different times you can drink your shake depending your goals.
- Post-workout – 1-2 scoops immediately after an intense workout is shown to help ‘turn on’ the recovery process in your muscles.
- Between meals – Have a shake to curb your cravings and any hunger pains between meals.
- With your meals –To help make sure your body gets enough protein every day.
- As a meal replacement – For cutting calories when you’re dieting to lose weight and get leaner. Studies find replacing a meal with a protein shakes helps you lose an extra pound of fat every week.
How Should You Make Your Shakes?
This depends on your goals. If you want to gain weight, then have a shake made with ¾ water and ¼ heavy cream or coconut milk. Adding a scoop of creatine monohydrate will help too.
If your goal is weight loss and getting leaner, then mix your natural whey protein shake with water. Instead of using creatine, add a serving of MCT oil instead. Studies find it can help you lose weight, suppress your appetite, and get you into nutritional ketosis.
Other than that, the sky’s the limit to drinking your natural whey shakes. You can also blend in frozen vegetables and fruit and thicken it with flax seeds. Whatever you choose. Just make sure to keep track of your calories and carbs if you’re watching either as part of your diet.
Is Natural Whey Protein Keto Friendly?
When you drink Better Whey is most certainly keto safe. You’re only getting x grams of carbohydrates. The protein will help you stay full between meals too so you won’t cheat on your diet.
I’ve tested in on myself and don’t get kicked out of ketosis after a shake.
How Many Shakes Should You Drink A Day?
The amount you need to drink every day, like everything else depends on your individual goals and how much extra protein you may need to eat every day.
Instead of thinking about how many shakes to drink a day, you first need to figure out how much protein you need in a day.
A good rule of thumb is to start with 1 gram of protein per pound of your goal body weight. This amount should work for the vast majority of us. If you are training really hard, say 4 or more HIIT, Crossfit, or similar workouts a week, you may want to increase the amount you eat by a little bit.
No need to go crazy, just maybe increasing your intake to 1 gram per pound of your current body weight.
Once you know how much protein you need a day, I recommend getting as much as you can from whole foods like beef, pork, fish, eggs, and chicken. Whatever you’re not getting from your meals, fill in with a protein shake.
I weigh 190 pounds and lift weights every day. I also eat one meal a day, and make sure I eat 190 grams of protein per day. Drinking 1 Better Whey shake with 2-3 scoops of protein (50-75 grams) helps me reach this amount easily. Plus I never feel overly full, bloated, or gassy because I had to stuff myself with lots of food.
Is Better Whey Protein A Complete Protein Source?
Yes. Like I write above, whey protein is the best source of protein available to us. This means that every gram of it you drink is available to your body to be used to build muscle, stay lean, and keep you healthy.
It’s even better than the incredible, edible egg.
What makes Better Whey so great is that whey has high amounts of the amino acid leucine. In case you haven’t heard of it, it’s one of 3 amino acids that make up what are called branch chain amino acids. Leucine is the key amino acid for building muscle and helping you burn off excess belly fat.
Is Better Whey Made Under Safe Conditions?
Yes. Every can is made in the United States in a GMP certified facility. What this means to you is that it will contain what’s on the label, and nothing else.
Being GMP certified means that when we make Better Whey the conditions are the same as what’s used when pharmaceutical drugs are made.
What Is Used To Sweeten Your Natural Protein Powder?
We use stevia, a plant based, natural sweetener. We use it for a few reasons.
First of all stevia is very sweet. This is key since that’s part of what makes your shake taste great.
Unlike sugar, this sweetness doesn’t come with a downside. Stevia doesn’t spike your blood sugar or cause it to crash like sugar does. Since it’s calorie and free it also won’t be stored as excess body fat.
I also chose Stevia since it doesn’t have the funky aftertaste of other natural sweeteners.
You now know which natural whey protein powder is the best, for all your health and fitness goals. Give it a try and let us know what you think of Better Whey.